You can sell Gift Cards online:
- On your business website by inserting the Ovatu Gift Card Widget code into it
- On your business website by inserting the Ovatu Website Booking Bot into it
- On your Ovatu mini-site
When a Gift Card is sold online the purchaser provides their own name, email address, message to the recipient (included in the Gift Card email to the recipient), delivery date (The date the Gift Card email is to be sent to the recipient) and also the recipient's name and email address:
The system then works as below;
- The system automatically emails a receipt for the Gift Card purchase to the purchaser, and also emails the Gift Card to the recipient (on the selected date) asking them to 'claim' the gift card
- The Gift Card is noted on the Manage > Gift Cards page with an 'Unclaimed' tag and the recipients name and email address is noted. As the gift card is currently unclaimed, it is not automatically applied to the recipient's Customer profile. This complies with privacy regulations around the world.
- The recipient clicks on the link in the Gift Card email to 'claim' the Gift Card. The Gift Card is then applied to the Customer's profile and the 'Unclaimed' tag is removed on the Manage > Gift Cards page. To manually apply the Gift Card to the recipient click on the View/Edit button for the Gift Card and use the Customer field to search for and select the Customer. Then Save that change.
To enable online Gift Card sales, choose Online Booking > Tabs
Scroll down to the Gift Cards section:
|Gift Card Tab Enabled||Select this checkbox to show the Gift Card tab on your mini site and enable Gift Card sales on your website Gift Card Widget and website Booking Bot|
|Gift Card Tab Name||Enter the name of the Gift Card Tab, e.g. 'Buy Gift Card'|
|Gift Card Tab Information||Add a short note explaining the tab. E.g. "Got someone special you want to WOW? Our gift cards will make them blush". This note appears in the booking bot when opened on your website.|
|Gift Card Terms Require Agreement||Selecting this checkbox activates the Gift Cards terms function. This includes the below 3 settings and a checkbox the Gift Card purchaser is required to select, which confirms they agree with your terms and allows them to proceed with the purchase.|
|Gift Card Terms Title||Add a title to your Gift Card terms, e.g. 'Gift Card Terms'|
|Gift Card Terms Content||Add your Gift Card terms and conditions|
|Gift Card Terms Accept Label||Add a label to your Gift Card terms acceptance checkbox, e.g. 'I agree to the Gift Card terms'|
|Gift Card Expiry Days||Enter the number of days before the purchased Gift Card expires. e.g. '365' for a year|
|Preset Gift Card Amounts||To offer preset Gift Card amounts, add the preset values one underneath the other, one amount per line. Each preset amount is offered on the Gift Card page and the purchaser can also set a custom amount.|
|Gift Card Image||Click on the Select File button to upload the Gift Card image that is preselected. To upload an image select the image, then click on Save. The image will then show in the image section. To delete an image click the cross icon in the top right corner in it|
|Additional Gift Card Images||Click on the Select File button to upload additional Gift Card images for the purchaser to select from. To upload an image select the image, then click on Save. The image will then show in the image section. To delete an image click the cross icon in the top right corner in it|
Once enabled, the Gift Card tab will display on your mini-site:
Please note, Online Payments needs to be enabled first. See How do I take deposits and payments online?
Ready to take the next step in scaling your business?
Here’s a 60 Day FREE Trial. No Credit Card. Just Business Growth Made Simple.
Still have questions? Chat to one of our friendly Customer Success experts.
They’re available around the clock and will answer any questions you have. Click here to chat.
Ready to bring your business online with Ovatu?
Sign up to try Ovatu FREE for 30 days! No credit card required. No commitment necessary.