The Star mPOP unit is a combined till drawer and receipt printer, with an optional barcode scanner accessory. It can be purchased via multiple retailers.
The Star mPOP unit is compatible with iOS and Android devices. This post contains instructions for connection via your Android device.
- Pair your Star mPOP unit with your Android device
- Connect your Star mPOP unit with Ovatu
Pair your Star mPOP unit with your Android device
To pair your Start mPOP unit with your Android device, follow the instructions on the Star Website
Connect your Star mPOP unit with Ovatu
To connect your Star mPOP card unit, tap Manage from the left hand menu, then scroll to the Point of Sale section and tap on Printers:
Wait for your Star mPOP unit to show up, and then tap on it, a green tick will appear.
Select your required options in the Settings section:
- Cash Drawer - select this to use the cash drawer
- Open Drawer after Payment- select this to open the cash drawer after each completed payment
- Barcode Reader - select this if you have a barcode scanner attached to your mPOP unit
Your Star mPOP unit is now connected.
When using the Print Sale option within a Sale in your Android Ovatu App, the Sale will be printed via your Star mPOP unit:
Each time you close a Sale in your Android Ovatu App, you will be presented with the following options:
- Print - select this to print a receipt when Sale is closed
- Open Cash Drawer - select this to open the cash drawer when the Sale is closed