The Star receipt printer is compatible with iOS and Android devices. This guide contains instructions for iOS devises
Ovatu will also work with any cash drawer that is compatible and supported by the Star receipt printer
To connect your Star receipt printer with the Ovatu iOS App:
- Connect your Star receipt printer to your network
- Connect your Star receipt printer with Ovatu
1. Connect your Star receipt printer with your network
Plug in your power cable between your printer and powerpoint
Plug in your ethernet cable between the printer and your internet router
2. Connect your Star receipt printer with Ovatu
To connect your Star receipt printer, tap the Manage tab, scroll to the Point of Sale section and tap on Printers
Tap on your printer in the Printers section (this can take a few moments to appear), select your printer model from the list, a green tick will appear
If you have a cash drawer compatible with the Star receipt printer, you can activate it using the options in the Settings section:
- Cash Drawer - tap this to connect the cash drawer
- Open Drawer after Payment - tap this to open the cash drawer after each payment
Now, when using the Print Sale option with a Sale in your iOS Ovatu App, the Sale will be printed via your Star receipt printer:
Each time you close a Sale in your Ovatu iOS App, you will be presented with the following options:
- Print Receipt - select this to print a receipt when Sale is closed
- Open Cash Drawer - if you have a Star receipt printer compatible cash drawer connected, select this to open the cash drawer when the Sale is closed
Ready to take the next step in scaling your business?
Here’s a 60 Day FREE Trial. No Credit Card. Just Business Growth Made Simple.
Still have questions? Chat to one of our friendly Customer Success experts.
They’re available around the clock and will answer any questions you have. Click here to chat.
Ready to bring your business online with Ovatu?
Sign up to try Ovatu FREE for 30 days! No credit card required. No commitment necessary.