The Star receipt printer is compatible with iOS and Android devices. This post contains instructions on Android connection.
Ovatu will also work with any cash drawer which is compatible and supported by the Star receipt printer.
To connect your Star receipt printer with the Ovatu Android App:
- Connect your Star receipt printer to your network
- Connect your Star receipt printer with Ovatu
Connect your Star receipt printer with your network
Plug in your power cable between your printer and powerpoint.
Plug in your ethernet cable between the printer and your internet router.
Connect your Star receipt printer with Ovatu
To connect your Star mPOP card unit, tap Manage from the left hand menu, then scroll to the Point of Sale section and tap on Printers:
Wait for your Star receipt printer to show up, tap on it, then select your printer model. A green tick will appear.
If you have a cash drawer compatible with the Star receipt printer, you can activate it using the options in the Settings section:
- Cash Drawer - select this to use the cash drawer
- Open Drawer after Payment- select this to open the cash drawer after each completed payment
Your Star receipt printer is now connected.
When using the Print Sale option within a Sale in your Android Ovatu App, the Sale will be printed via your Star receipt printer:
Each time you close a Sale in your Android Ovatu App, you will be presented with the following options:
- Print - select this to print a receipt when Sale is closed
- Open Cash Drawer - if you have a Star receipt printer compatible cash drawer connected, select this to open the cash drawer when the Sale is closed